Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Memorial Day and Staycation Part One

I was all decked out for Memorial Day including my camo hat, shirt, and pants. We started the day with the service in Plano and I got to march in the Children's Parade. Then we went back to G-ma and Grandpa's house for swimming and hamburgers and hot dogs. Yummy!
















Talk about yummy....my first popsicle!





















Then after Memorial Day, Daddy took 2 weeks off of work so we could take some day trips. Our first one was to Fossil Rim for the drive thru "safari". I was excited just to be out of my car seat!





















I was also the official tour guide. See...

















We saw lots of deer, ostriches, and zebras and I got to throw them food. But the most exciting and also maybe a little scary was we got to feed the giraffes out of our hands (well Mommy and Daddy's hands - they told me my hands were just too tiny!)

















Halfway through the safari, we stopped and had snacks and went to the petting zoo. Here I am making friends with a goat!
















Hanging out watching the animals.
















I really liked the statues of the dinosaurs, they were so tall.


















Here I am with a my-size giraffe - my souvenir from the safari.

No comments: